Thursday, May 24, 2012

Game On! Tanning Industry: You Don't Know Who You're Messing With!

Apparently this little blog has caught the attention of the Tanning Industry and I'm on their radar! I don't know why or how, but God has smiled and I'm following this rainbow all the way to the pot of gold that surely waits at the end! And just so the tanning industry makes no mistake and decides to twist my words, no, I'm not talking about any money making scheme. It is a metaphorical pot of gold.

I admit my naivete; I didn't catch this at first. But Hotel Melanoma's proprietor explained things and he has already blogged about this wonderful phenomenon we're both experiencing.  He, however, has only caught the attention of one. I've caught the attention of three! THREE! Can I say "excited" enough?

No. Let me tell you why. These people, not only "my" three, but the Tanning Industry don't know who they're messing with. I don't need attirude for this one. They might, however, before this is over.

What these people fail to realize is they don't just have me and my pitiful little blog on their radar. Oh no. They have the melanoma community on their radar. AND, newsflash in case they've somehow missed it: THEY ARE ON OURS!

They've got damn angry mamas on their radar. Not good for them in the Industry. Mamas who accompany their children to oncologist appointments. Teenagers, twenty-somethings, thirty-somethings going through hell and back to live. Why? Because they bought the tanning industry's lies. Angry, grieving mamas who have buried their children who tanned. TI, they're going to bury you just like you buried their children. I promise you that.

Tanning Industry: you're messing with all these mamas, and the daddies, too, when I get on your radar. See, we in the melanoma community, we reside at Hotel Melanoma and we're a tight community. You get one or two of us on your radar, and you've got us all.

You know who else you've now got on your radar and who have YOU on THEIRS? People who've been one of you but now have melanoma. They bought into your lies and owned their own tanning salons and home beds. They went into those coffins and lived to tell about it and tell what they really do. Others here in Hotel Melanoma didn't actually own the beds, but paid to use it thinking you were being honest with them. They're on your radar. And I hope you're scared because you're on theirs. And they are angry. They've got lives they want to lead...not lead them fighting melanoma. They've got small children they want to raise...they didn't plan spending their childhood fighting to live to raise them into adults. You took their money and sold them lies. You sold them melanoma. You sold some death.

Tanning Industry, I'm not the Chaplain Boss Queen of Hotel Melanoma for nothing. I don't know these people for the sheer fun of it. We aren't the neighborhood bridge club and we don't mess around or play games. Apparently, though, you do. Sneaking around, twisting words, trying to make it seem like you've got a friend...give me a break. But you play your games. That's OK. I'll tell you, up front, we don't play games here. Who has time? We'll be up front and honest with you. You'll find us on the high road.

There's a lot you don't know about me. But God does and He knows who He has called into this battle with you. I don't know if you see l'il ol' me as David and you as Goliath, OR, if you see the melanoma community as David and you as Goliath. It doesn't make any difference. And I'll tell you why: I know how the story ends. And in case you need to refresh your memory this link goes straight to it and you can even read it from different translations.

I know how this kind of story always ends.

You're going down.  It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow. But you're going down.

And for the record, The Motions has been my prayer, motto, and theme song since it first came out a few years ago. You may want to remember that. You don't know who you're messing with. Because it's not just me. But I do make the people in the tanning industry a promise: I'll be here for you just like I am here for those who used to be one of you and are now one of us. They are loved and supported. And you will be too as you and your family members get melanoma. I don't hate you. I hate what you stand for and sell. But I actually feel sorry for you. You've bought a lie and because of that you happily sell that lie and sell death and misery. It will catch up with you and when it does, I'll be your Chaplain Boss Queen, too.

In the meantime, Tanning Industry, you're going down.

And I stand grateful to be a part of it.

Bring it on!