Thursday, December 1, 2011

Psalm 23 From Another Angle

The LORD is my Healer; I am in His care.
 He makes me trust there are green pastures, even when I'm not so sure: he leads me to Living Water and invites me to be refreshed for the journey.
 He protects my soul as he leads me where I need to go and helps me because He is God and has promised.
 Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death and tarry a while in hospitals, I will not be afraid: for you are with me; your arms and the family, friends, and medical staff you have given me, they comfort me.
 You prepare a table and set a feast before me in the presence of cancer, my enemy: you bless my head with your finest oil; my cup runs over with gratitude and blessing. My enemy can only watch from a distance.
 Definitely, your goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever where my enemy cannot follow and is not allowed.

As I follow the LORD, my Healer, His goodness and mercy follows me. Cancer can only be part of my life but for so long. It will not always be part of it. Sooner or later it will have to leave me alone as it cannot and will not follow me into the house of the LORD where I will live forever. "Healing" does and will come. Not, necessarily, as this world understands "healing," though. But it does come.

And I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.