Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Goodbye MelaBlack Road

So I posted this graphic on Melanoma Prayer Center a couple of days ago:









And Rich McDonald, the proprietor of Hotel Melanoma commented, "You ought to rewrite the song lyrics" and had a winky face. Well, that winky face was all it took, especially coming from him, since rewriting songs is what he's known for in MelaWorld.

So with my humblest apologies to Elton John, here ya go...


Goodbye MelaBlack Road

When are you gonna tone down
When are you going to ban
I shouldn’t have tanned on the bed
I should have listened to my old man

You know you can't hound me forever
I didn't sign up for you
I'm not a present for the beast to open
This homey’s too ‘live to sing the blues

chorus:
So goodbye melablack road
Where the melabeast creates strife
You can't keep me in your deathgrip
I'm going back to my life

Back to the nat’ral pale skin on my bod
Toting my fave sunscreen load
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the melablack road

What do you think black'll do then
I bet that'll change all mel’s plans
We'll make mel back off with some Yervoy and Gamma
And catch black c with constant scans

Don’t want a cancer replacement
There's too many cancers around
Killers that ain't got mercy
Prowling for others like I was: tanned brown

(repeat chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.